Thursday, October 20, 2016

Guest Speaker Neal O'Farrell - The Identity Theft Council notes

Answer to Following Questions: (turn in as doc in Jupiter)

1) Tell me something interesting you learned about Neal O'Farrell?
  • He is Irish!!1 and he is famous
  • Neal was into Cyber Security before it was cool
  • Neal is a cool guy, he told me "be safe, and if not... be careful"
  • He was once wanted dead by the NSA, but now is Ok with them 
  • Neal O'Farrell was supposed to make dresses, but got screw over by polyester
  • Neal is dank <-- an expression frequently used by stoners and hippies for something of high quality... Right On
  • He was a Hacker... because he does not look like one...
2) Tell me something you learned that you did not know?
  • You don't need to know how to code to be in the Cyber Security field 
  • I'm learned that I might be have an opportunity to do a summer internship in Cyber Security
  • Neal was one of the top 15 Security Experts
  • Neal created something better than the US... Cool
  • if you get caught hacking, the penalty could be 20-30 years of jail time
  • Neal started the Identity Theft Council
  • I think it was cool he made that Awesome phone!!!
  • The phone he made too 400000Billion years to crack, and each new phone had a new code to crack
  • He is trying to setup a Cyber  Camp
  • Some one created a way to remove malware, and is now rich
  • The Hacker that stole Targets data and sold the card date on line, but we still can't catch him
  • I did not realize there were so many ways to have your personal data compromised, but that this is the way most people get hacked
  • The story that really brought my attention was the story about a bar that was losing money.
    If I was the manager of the bar I also would not have noticed that one of the three registers wasn't mine.
3) Tell me something you did know, but was still interesting?
  • You can make good money in the Cyber Security field
  • Dumpster Diving = Free Stuff
  • I knew there was a big demand for Cyber Security professionals, but it was cool to hear about it
  • I did not know that Cyber Security could be so fun
4) Tell me what you wished Neal had talked about, but did not?
  • I wish he would tell more stories about what he has seen in the Cyber Security world
  • I want to hear more about his experiences  
  • I wish Neal talked more about stuff he has done, because his life sounds vary interesting
  • How to be a master Hacker
  • I want to learn more about how to start hacking
  • Stories about Black Hats and White Hats
  • More about how to be a safe, ethical hacker
  • I would like to know what people he know, what famous hacker and maybe the infamous hackers... 
  • More details about the Cyber Security jobs he has done
  • Crazy that he had to check under his car... I wanted to hear more stories about how he was targeted by the NSA
  • How to get started PenTesting
  • How to get in to the Cyber Industry as a beginner... where to start?
  • I wish Neal talked more about crossing the line when hacking
Neal, thanks so much for coming and talking to my class.  They are excited to look at the training, and even more excited to potentially learn how to get training in hacking and learning how to protect against it.  They are specifically interested in the Cyber Camps and possible opportunities for internships Thanks Again... we will definitely be talking-- Mr Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment